- 1 What is the closest island to Bangkok?
- 2 What is the best Thailand island to visit?
- 3 What is the best beach near Bangkok?
- 4 Which Thai island is the cheapest?
- 5 How much is island hopping in Thailand?
- 6 Where should I go outside of Bangkok?
- 7 Where is the clearest water in Thailand?
- 8 Which is better Koh Samui or Phi Phi island?
- 9 Which is nicer Phuket or Koh Samui?
- 10 Can you swim in Thailand beaches?
- 11 Does Bangkok have nice beaches?
- 12 Which is better to visit Phuket or Bangkok?
- 13 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 14 How do I choose a Thai island?
- 15 Which is better Bali or Phuket?
What is the closest island to Bangkok?
Koh Si Chang, or Sichang, is the nearest island to Bangkok.
What is the best Thailand island to visit?
The best islands in Thailand
- Koh Samui. Best island for: an all-rounder Thai island for first-timers, families and honeymooners.
- Phuket. Best island for: partying, uber-cool pool villas and serene nooks.
- Koh Lanta.
- Koh Phangan.
- Koh Samet.
- Koh Phi Phi.
- Koh Yao Yai & Koh Yao Noi.
What is the best beach near Bangkok?
10 Top-Rated Beaches near Bangkok
- Hua Hin. Hua Hin.
- Cha-am. Colorful beach chairs at Cha-Am beach.
- Ao Manao. Ao Manao.
- Pranburi. Pranburi.
- Koh Chang. Koh Chang.
- Bang Saen. Bang Saen.
- Pattaya. Pattaya beach.
- Koh Larn. Koh Larn. Koh Larn is about seven kilometers off the coast of Pattaya, right at the end of the Bay of Bangkok.
Which Thai island is the cheapest?
Koh Chang: The Last Cheap Thai Island
- Lots of people dream of finding a random island in Thailand, getting a beach hut for a dollar, and spending days doing nothing and spending next to nothing, just chilling on a beautiful beach with a guitar.
- However, there’s an exception — Koh Chang.
How much is island hopping in Thailand?
Program 1 costs 550 baht a person OR we suggest hiring a private longtail boat for 1,500 baht for the entire day for a private Thailand island hopping tour around Koh Lipe.
Where should I go outside of Bangkok?
So, take your pick from these amazing places near Bangkok, and get that much-needed break from the city.
- Pattaya. How to get there: Take a bus or cab from Bangkok to reach Pattaya in 2 hours.
- Hua Hin.
- Koh Samet.
- Khao Yai National Park.
- Wang Takhrai Waterfall.
Where is the clearest water in Thailand?
Kantiang Bay, Ko Lanta It’s found just before you enter the sparsely populated deep south of the island, which means the beach is surrounded by deep green jungle and national park land. The beach features white sand and crystal clear waters speckled with a handful of resorts.
Which is better Koh Samui or Phi Phi island?
Koh Phi Phi is smaller than Koh Samui. In that case my suggestion would be to choose Koh Phi Phi if you are ok with the same places for a while. There are no cars, you walk everywhere, go by scooter or by boats. Koh Samui is much bigger and can offer a better variety of beaches, bars and places to stay.
Which is nicer Phuket or Koh Samui?
Both islands have some of the world’s most beautiful beaches so traveler’s choice will depend on their interests and what they want to get out of their holiday. For a social whirlwind or surfing, Phuket is the better choice. But for a relaxed holiday by the ocean or for snorkeling, Samui is the winner.
Can you swim in Thailand beaches?
The clear warm waters are enticing, and are pretty safe for most of the year. The sea does contain dangerous creatures, such as sea snakes, lionfish, stonefish and jellyfish. However, it’s only really jellyfish that could concern swimmers, and these are not much of a problem on Thailand’s Andaman coast.
Does Bangkok have nice beaches?
Bang Saen is Bangkok’s nearest beach, popular with Thais. For solitude seekers, Ban Krut on the mainland is an excellent choice. For easy access, good resorts, and a nice small town feel, Hua Hin and Cha-am can’t be beat.
Which is better to visit Phuket or Bangkok?
Phuket or Bangkok, which is better? That depends on what you’re looking to get out of your vacation. Looking for white beaches and tropical paradise, Phuket is for you. But if your idea of a perfect holiday is visiting the big city, love to shop or want to find the best nightlife going, then Bangkok is for you.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road.
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives.
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver.
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse.
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
How do I choose a Thai island?
First, to help you get started, there are three important things to keep in mind as you begin planning your Thai island getaway:
- Before You Book Anything, Check When Monsoon Season Will Be.
- Consider How Much Time it Will Take to Island Hop.
- Figure Out Which Island’s Style Suits Your Vacation Needs.
Which is better Bali or Phuket?
Bali offers more hotel choices than Phuket does. If you’re a surfer, Bali is your choice for its collection of world-class breaks. On the other hand, Phuket’s beaches are more scenic and laidback, great for those preferring island beach escapades with a mix of water sports and just lazing on the sand.