- 1 How much does it cost from Phuket Airport to Patong Beach?
- 2 Can you take a boat from Bangkok to Phuket?
- 3 Is Patong or Kata Beach better?
- 4 Is grab cheaper than taxi in Phuket?
- 5 Is Patong Beach Safe?
- 6 Is it cheaper to fly into Bangkok or Phuket?
- 7 What is the cheapest way to get from Bangkok to Phuket?
- 8 How much money should I bring to Thailand?
- 9 What is the best part of Phuket to stay?
- 10 What is the nicest beach in Phuket?
- 11 How safe is Phuket?
- 12 Are taxis expensive in Phuket?
- 13 What is the best way to get around Phuket?
- 14 Is there Grab taxi in Phuket?
How much does it cost from Phuket Airport to Patong Beach?
A taxi from Phuket airport to Patong beach costs about 600 baht + 100 baht airport fee. As usual in Thailand, make sure your taxi driver turns on the meter when leaving.
Can you take a boat from Bangkok to Phuket?
Travel from Bangkok to Phuket by boats A ferry, a shuttle boat, a night boat or even a longtail boat, there are several choices. Bus + ferry or boat transfer formulas are also available
Is Patong or Kata Beach better?
Patong is somewhat bigger, busier and noisier. Kata offers a beautiful bay but this can collect rubbish. For all of its good points, it’s very important to beware of the strong rip tides in Karon, especially during the green season (May to October).
Is grab cheaper than taxi in Phuket?
Grab is expensive in Phuket, it is cheaper just to approach the taxi on the street as prices with drivers on Grab can be exorbitant, as well as the 150 baht booking fee on top of that. The problem with normal taxis is they will more than likely try to rip you off.
Is Patong Beach Safe?
Either you are a solo traveler, a couple, or a family, Patong Beach is a relatively safe place where to spend your vacation. There are reports about pickpocketing, scams, and incidents among locals and tourists, but it is something that happens in any big city. Violent crimes are not common in Patong.
Is it cheaper to fly into Bangkok or Phuket?
Fly into Bangkok Bangkok’s international airport, Suvarnabhumi, is the cheapest airport in Thailand to fly into. On average, Hopper found it’s about $200 cheaper to fly into Bangkok than it is to fly into Phuket!
What is the cheapest way to get from Bangkok to Phuket?
The cheapest way to travel from Bangkok to Phuket is by bus. The trip starts at Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal and takes a minimum of 13 hours. Depending on the carrier and travel class, it costs between 700 and 1.100 Thai Baht (around 20 to 36 USD).
How much money should I bring to Thailand?
Backpackers should budget 800–1,200 baht a day ($35–$50) to cover the costs of hostel rooms, street food meals, a couple of drinks and a spot of sightseeing. Holiday makers looking for a touch more luxury should budget 1,800–3,000 baht ($75–$125) a day to cover nice hotels, gourmet meals and cocktails.
What is the best part of Phuket to stay?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
What is the nicest beach in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.
Are taxis expensive in Phuket?
Are taxis expensive in Phuket? Yes, taxis can be very expensive in Phuket, especially compared to the rest of Thailand (and even SouthEast Asia).
What is the best way to get around Phuket?
The best way to get around Phuket is by tuk-tuk, though occasionally you might have to rely on another mode of travel, such as a taxi or rental car, if you want to travel beyond the town in which you’re basing your vacation.
Is there Grab taxi in Phuket?
While there are plenty of similar apps available around the world, Grab is the only 1 that operates in Phuket. A key advantage of Grab in Phuket is that you won’t need to rely on tuk-tuks for getting around.