- 1 What is there to do in Bangkok at Christmas?
- 2 Is Christmas Day a holiday in Bangkok?
- 3 Where can I buy Christmas dinner in Bangkok?
- 4 What is Thailand like at Christmas?
- 5 Is Thailand expensive in December?
- 6 Is 7th December a holiday?
- 7 What is the most important holiday in Thailand?
- 8 Is Christmas a good time to go to Thailand?
- 9 What do they eat for Christmas in Thailand?
- 10 Is Thailand good in December?
What is there to do in Bangkok at Christmas?
Guide to Christmas in Bangkok: Shopping, Santa, Holiday Lights
- 01 of 08. Find Christmas Decorations in Bangkok.
- 02 of 08. Enjoy Christmas Festivities at Asiatique.
- 03 of 08. Eat a Christmas Dinner.
- 04 of 08. Go Ice Skating.
- 05 of 08. See Santa in Bangkok.
- 06 of 08. Do Some Christmas Shopping.
- 07 of 08.
- 08 of 08.
Is Christmas Day a holiday in Bangkok?
Christmas Day is also a major holiday in Thailand which is celebrated every 25th of December, marking the birth of Jesus.
Where can I buy Christmas dinner in Bangkok?
The Best Restaurants For Christmas Food In Bangkok
- Mandarin Oriental. Hotel Restaurant, Seafood, Steakhouse, American, Thai.
- The Rain Tree Café Hotel Restaurant, Restaurant, Seafood, Steakhouse, Vegetarian, $$$
- Flann O’Brien’s Irish Pub Thonglor. Bar, American, Irish, Thai.
- Bistro 33.
- L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon.
What is Thailand like at Christmas?
Christmas might not be a traditional holiday for locals in Thailand but it is still celebrated just like any other destination. With lighting up trees, decorating the streets, and indulging in some delicious delicacies, celebrations of Christmas in Thailand is pretty vibrant.
Is Thailand expensive in December?
Flights to Thailand tend to be more expensive in December although deals can still be had, particularly if you don’t mind flying on an indirect route and are able to travel in the first week of December. The peak period for prices is usually the week before Christmas and extending into New Year.
Is 7th December a holiday?
Declaration of Monday, 7th December, 2020 as Public Holiday by Substitution of the 4th December, 2020 Holiday (Farmers’ Day) Consequently, Friday, 4th December, 2020 will NOT be observed as a public holiday but Monday 7th December, 2020 (Election Day) would be observed as a public holiday.
What is the most important holiday in Thailand?
Songkran is one of the biggest and most important Thai holidays. The 3 day celebration is often combined with the weekend to make a 5 day break. This holiday is celebrated with parades, religious ceremonies, and festivities throughout the country. Water plays a big part in this holiday.
Is Christmas a good time to go to Thailand?
December is one of the peak tourism months in Thailand, with great weather all around the country. Temperatures are, for the most part, comfortable, without being too hot or too cold. There’s little to no rainfall and the beaches catch lots of sun. There are several national holidays during this month.
What do they eat for Christmas in Thailand?
Christmas three ways: How to have a Thai festive feast
- Mango and sticky rice, made with fresh coconut cream.
- Pork belly braised in 5 spice broth with soft cooked egg and fried tofu.
- Salt crust fish stuffed with lemongrass and served with dipping sauce.
Is Thailand good in December?
December is one of the best months to visit Thailand. The temperatures have cooled down so it’s not miserably hot, and the rains have stopped just about everywhere (although some of the beaches still get storms, especially on the Gulf of Thailand). It’s hot but not scorching and everything is open again.