- 1 What is Bangkok best known for?
- 2 Is Bangkok worth visiting?
- 3 What can you do in Bangkok in 3 days?
- 4 What should you not miss in Bangkok?
- 5 What items are cheap in Bangkok?
- 6 Is Bangkok Dangerous?
- 7 How many days in Bangkok is enough?
- 8 Is Bangkok a dirty city?
- 9 Are there beaches in Bangkok Thailand?
- 10 How much money do I need for 3 days in Bangkok?
- 11 Which month is best to visit Bangkok?
- 12 Which is the best location to stay in Bangkok?
- 13 What is best to buy in Bangkok?
- 14 Is Bangkok safe for female tourists?
- 15 Is Sukhumvit safe at night?
What is Bangkok best known for?
Here are 10 reasons why Bangkok is one of the most visited cities in the world today.
- Wat Arun – The Temple of Dawn. Photo credit: @fischerfotos via Flickr.
- Floating markets. Photo credit: @archer10 via Flickr.
- Khao San Road.
- The Grand Palace.
- Soi Cowboy.
- The Thai massage.
- Tailored suits.
- Chatuchak Weekend Market.
Is Bangkok worth visiting?
Bangkok is definitely worth visiting. The negative stories do have basis, but there is so much more to the city than that. I would suggest to stay somewhere other than Khao San Road if you don’t want your experience tainted by travel-weary cynics.
What can you do in Bangkok in 3 days?
1. Chao Phraya River
- Ferry piers along Chao Phraya river.
- Stunning sunset over Chao Phraya River in Bangkok.
- The beautiful Grand Palace, Bangkok´s biggest attraction.
- The Emerald Buddha.
- Wat Pho, the golden reclining Buddha.
- Lots of delicious street food in Chinatown.
- The famous Kao San Road.
What should you not miss in Bangkok?
Top 20 awesome things to do in Bangkok
- Wat Pho. Wat Pho (first photo) is one of Bangkok’s largest and oldest temples, most known for the huge reclining gold Buddha.
- Chatuchak Weekend Market.
- Floating markets.
- The Grand Palace.
- Explore the khlongs.
- Rooftop bars.
- Asiatique The Riverfront.
What items are cheap in Bangkok?
What are the 10 cheapest things to buy in Bangkok, Thailand?
- Flowers – Thailand is known as the place to buy orchids.
- Tailor Made Clothes – Another cheap thing to buy in Bangkok is tailor made clothing.
Is Bangkok Dangerous?
Tips for Staying Safe in Bangkok Thailand has some of the world’s most dangerous roads, and traffic fatalities are common. Be extremely cautious of drugs in Bangkok, as well as drink spiking in Thailand overall. Anyone—including tourists—caught possessing or using drugs in Bangkok faces harsh punishment.
How many days in Bangkok is enough?
A span of 3 days in Bangkok isn’t long, but it’s enough to let you appreciate most of the things Bangkok has to offer. Exquisite temples like the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, the Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun), and the grandeur of the Grand Palace are among the must-see attractions that you can visit in 3 days.
Is Bangkok a dirty city?
Bangkok is not a dirty city; it is just a city. The overwhelming majority of cities of comparable size have a mix of very clean areas and areas that are not so clean. THIS is Also Bangkok: BTS Skytrain Station around 10PM.
Are there beaches in Bangkok Thailand?
Bang Saen is Bangkok’s nearest beach, popular with Thais. For solitude seekers, Ban Krut on the mainland is an excellent choice. For easy access, good resorts, and a nice small town feel, Hua Hin and Cha-am can’t be beat.
How much money do I need for 3 days in Bangkok?
A budget of 2,500 to 5,000 baht per day is enough to stay in a three or four star hotel, eat at most of Bangkok’s mid range and high-end restaurants and easily get around the city by taxi instead of depending on the BTS, khlong boats and bus system.
Which month is best to visit Bangkok?
The best time to visit Bangkok is from November to March when the heat and humidity are at their lowest. Still, Thailand’s tropical climate could easily bring temperatures up to 90 degrees on any given day, regardless of the time of year.
Which is the best location to stay in Bangkok?
The 8 Best Areas To Stay in Bangkok
- Siam Square. Siam Square is a shopping mecca, full of luxury shopping centers and bargain department stores, designer labels, and trendy fashion boutiques.
- Khao San.
- Bangkok Old Town.
What is best to buy in Bangkok?
What to Buy in Bangkok – List of the Best Souvenirs
- Thai Antiques in Bangkok.
- Thai Food.
- Benjarong Porcelain Ware.
- NaRaYa Bags.
- Thai Coconut Oil Products.
- Medicines and Healers.
- Thai Handicrafts.
- Thai Silver Jewelry.
Is Bangkok safe for female tourists?
Bangkok is generally safe for travelers of all genders and races, even compared to other megacities across the world. As a solo female traveler, you can wear almost anything you want, roam the city on a whim and even go clubbing on your own (though you should do all of these with caution—see our safety tips below).
Is Sukhumvit safe at night?
Sukhumvit. One of Bangkok’s liveliest areas for nightlife, Sukhumvit is a long road with many smaller streets branching off. The higher-numbered streets are usually considered to be the safest, though they have the inconvenience of being farther out of the city centre.