- 1 How do I get from Bangkok to Chiang Mai?
- 2 How much is a bus from Bangkok to Chiang Mai?
- 3 Is Chiang Mai still cheap?
- 4 How many days do you need for Chiang Mai?
- 5 Can I drive from Bangkok to Chiang Mai?
- 6 Is Chiang Mai cheaper than Bangkok?
- 7 What is the best time of year to visit Chiang Mai?
- 8 Does Chiang Mai have a red light district?
- 9 Is Chiang Mai cooler than Bangkok?
- 10 How long is a bus ride from Bangkok to Chiang Mai?
- 11 What can you do in Chiang Mai for 3 days?
- 12 Is Chiang Mai dangerous?
- 13 What can you buy with 1 dollar in Thailand?
- 14 Are there beaches in Chiang Mai?
How do I get from Bangkok to Chiang Mai?
There are 5 direct trains per day from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. The fastest train is Train #7 departing at 08:30, which is scheduled to complete the journey in 11 hours 00 minutes. The best overnight train is Train #9 departing at 18:10, which is scheduled to arrive 13 hours 05 minutes later at 07:15.
How much is a bus from Bangkok to Chiang Mai?
The fare for bus from Bangkok to Chiang Mai is in the range of 529 baht to 823 baht, depending on bus class types. Generally, the higher the ticket fare, the better and more spacious is the seat in the bus.
Is Chiang Mai still cheap?
Chiang Mai can be as a cheap or expensive as you want (like most of Thailand). But if you stick the local markets; avoid the fancy organic, health restaurants that have popped up; and stay in the old city, you can save money easily!
How many days do you need for Chiang Mai?
Chiang Mai was founded in the 13th century and one or two days will not do this amazing city justice. Ideally four nights and five days will give you enough time to explore and get a true sense of Chiang Mai. Chiang Mai was founded in 1296 and is located in an area of majestic mountains.
Can I drive from Bangkok to Chiang Mai?
Can I drive from Bangkok to Chiang Mai? Yes, the driving distance between Bangkok to Chiang Mai is 685 km. It takes approximately 9h 35m to drive from Bangkok to Chiang Mai.
Is Chiang Mai cheaper than Bangkok?
Bangkok is less expensive than Chiang Mai, but not by much. The most notable difference is the accommodation prices, with Chiang Mai being roughly 20% cheaper than its rival. Food, drink, travel, and entertainment we found pretty much the same, but of course, it depends on where you are.
What is the best time of year to visit Chiang Mai?
The ideal time to visit Chiang Mai is between October and April. Weather during this period is mostly cool and pleasant with light breeze, which is also why it’s peak tourist season.
Does Chiang Mai have a red light district?
Last week, my study abroad program went on a tour of the Chiang Mai Red Light District, an area in the Northern Thai city famous for a booming sex industry.
Is Chiang Mai cooler than Bangkok?
The region has three distinct seasons: the cool season, the hot season and the rainy season. Chiang Mai is cooler than Bangkok, due to its geographical location.
How long is a bus ride from Bangkok to Chiang Mai?
Buses between Bangkok and Chiang Mai take around 12 hours and there are several services, both during the day and at night, every day. Most buses to Chiang Mai leave from Bangkok’s Mo Chit Bus Station (the Northern Bus Station) and arrive at the Arcade Bus Station.
What can you do in Chiang Mai for 3 days?
3 Days in Chiang Mai Itinerary – Food, Culture + Day Trips
- Breakfast at Blue Diamond.
- Temple hop.
- Other things to do in Chiang Mai Old City.
- Lunch – khao soi noodles.
- Go for a massage.
- Coffee shops in Chiang Mai Old City.
- Evening – Night Market.
- Fancy a food tour?
Is Chiang Mai dangerous?
Chiang Mai is perfectly safe and its dangers come down to petty crime and scams. Petty theft like pickpocketing or bag snatching is more than common and you should expect it at every step. Violent crime has been on the rise during the past couple of years and muggings and robberies are not rare at all.
What can you buy with 1 dollar in Thailand?
Thailand: What a Dollar Can Buy You
- Four liters of drinking water (1 gallon), or 1.5 liters of sparkling water.
- One hour of talking time on your cell phone within Thailand using the 1-2-Call SIM card.
- Local English-language newspaper such as the Bangkok Post (compare that to the Times of India for $0.06)
Are there beaches in Chiang Mai?
Chiang Mai is far from beaches. If you want to get from Chiang Mai to a beach, you’ll have to fly to Phuket, Krabi, or Koh Samui. If you’re going by bus or train, though, it will take you one 12-hour bus or train to Bangkok, followed by another 12-hour bus or train to the Andaman Coast or the Southern Gulf Coast.