- 1 Can you negotiate long term stays at hotels?
- 2 How do you negotiate hotel rates?
- 3 How do you bargain in Bangkok?
- 4 How can I live in a hotel for free?
- 5 Can you live in a hotel for 3 months?
- 6 Do hotel prices drop closer to date?
- 7 What day of the week is cheapest for hotels?
- 8 Is it cheaper to book a hotel online or walk in?
- 9 What should you not wear in Thailand?
- 10 What items are cheap in Bangkok?
- 11 How much money per day do you need in Thailand?
- 12 Can you buy a hotel room permanently?
- 13 Can you live in a hotel permanently?
- 14 Can you work at a hotel and live there?
Can you negotiate long term stays at hotels?
Negotiate Long Term Hotel Rates It is possible to negotiate a monthly price, which is good for both you and the hotel. Let the hotel name the first price and then negotiate from there. Have your “going in” rate in mind. Know how much you’re paying per month at the full rate to start.
How do you negotiate hotel rates?
Call the hotel directly instead and ask to speak with the manager, if possible.
- Ask for the Best Rate. Start the negotiation by saying something like, “I found your rate online for $200 per night.
- Mention the Competition.
- Tweak the Dates.
- Special Discounts.
- Discount Rooms.
- Upgrades and Special Requests.
How do you bargain in Bangkok?
General haggling advice
- Have an approximate price in your mind.
- Shop around.
- Don’t bargain for things you don’t want.
- Maintain an air of disinterest.
- Don’t suggest the first price.
- Start lower than you’re willing to pay.
- Keep your cool.
How can I live in a hotel for free?
Travel tip: how to stay for FREE at a hotel
- JOIN A HOTEL LOYALTY PROGRAM.
- BOOK YOUR STAY WITH HOTELS.COM.
- MAKE USE OF A BEST RATE GUARANTEE.
- GET A HOTEL BRANDED CREDIT CARD.
- JOIN AN AIRLINE’S FREQUENT FLYER PROGRAM.
- MAKE USE OF A ‘FREE NIGHT’ HOTEL PROMOTION.
- COMPLAIN ABOUT A TROUBLING EXPERIENCE.
- JOIN THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY.
Can you live in a hotel for 3 months?
Can You Rent Hotel Rooms for a Month? In one word – YES! You can rent hotels for a month or longer virtually all over the world. Extended stay hotels look just the same as the room you’d book for a few days or a week.
Do hotel prices drop closer to date?
Since hotels are always aiming to maximize their occupancy rate, many will decrease their rates if they aren’t meeting their expected targets. That’s why you’ll often see hotels dropping their prices a few days before a check- in date or on the day of arrival.
What day of the week is cheapest for hotels?
What is the cheapest day of the week to check in and out? Sunday is the cheapest day of the week to check into a hotel. Travelers on a weekend getaway are returning home that day, and business travelers don’t usually start checking in until Monday, so there can be a lot of unused and discounted Sunday inventory.
Is it cheaper to book a hotel online or walk in?
When you book through an official website for a hotel or hotel chain, they keep most or all of the money (minus a small fee if the hotel uses an outside processing system). So if you book a hotel online or just walk in with cash or a credit card, the hotel stands to make more money if you pay the same room rate.
What should you not wear in Thailand?
Just don’t wear super short shorts or skirts where your bits are hanging out. Tanks tops are generally fine but I’d avoid spaghetti straps and I’d probably wear a thin kimono over it or at the least, wear capris or pants so it’s a bit more “evened out” and you don’t have both shoulders AND legs fully exposed.
What items are cheap in Bangkok?
What are the 10 cheapest things to buy in Bangkok, Thailand?
- Flowers – Thailand is known as the place to buy orchids.
- Tailor Made Clothes – Another cheap thing to buy in Bangkok is tailor made clothing.
How much money per day do you need in Thailand?
Backpackers should budget 800–1,200 baht a day ($35–$50) to cover the costs of hostel rooms, street food meals, a couple of drinks and a spot of sightseeing. Holiday makers looking for a touch more luxury should budget 1,800–3,000 baht ($75–$125) a day to cover nice hotels, gourmet meals and cocktails.
Can you buy a hotel room permanently?
The short answer is yes. In the real estate industry, these are known as condo hotels. Do you have $10,000 and looking for a good investment? Hotel rooms boast higher occupancy rates and greater monthly returns than regular condominiums or “Airbnb” style rentals.
Can you live in a hotel permanently?
Throughout the years, many people have chosen to take up residence in hotel rooms, rather than rent an apartment. There are real-life Eloises, brought to live in hotels by their parents. Or travelers sent overseas, for whom a hotel is the ideal prefab base.
Can you work at a hotel and live there?
Originally Answered: Is It possible to work for a hotel and live there? No it isn’t. At least, not in the States. For the bigger properties, management, or management trainees are allowed to stay for training or until they find a place if they are transferring.