- 1 How do you get from Bangkok to Phuket?
- 2 Is there a train from Phuket to Bangkok?
- 3 How long is the bus ride from Bangkok to Phuket?
- 4 Can you take a boat from Bangkok to Phuket?
- 5 Why is Phuket so popular?
- 6 Is it cheaper to fly into Bangkok or Phuket?
- 7 How many days is enough for Phuket?
- 8 Is it better to go to Phuket or Bangkok?
- 9 What is the cheapest way to get from Bangkok to Phuket?
- 10 Which is better Bali or Phuket?
- 11 Which is better Krabi or Phuket?
- 12 Which is better Phuket or Pattaya?
- 13 How much money should I bring to Thailand?
- 14 Can you drive to Phuket from Bangkok?
- 15 How do you get to Phuket Island?
How do you get from Bangkok to Phuket?
BANGKOK TO PHUKET BY TRAIN
- Make your way to Hua Lamphong Station. You can take the MRT to Hua Lamphong Station.
- At Hua Lamphong Station take the train to Surat Thani. Travel time is between 8 hours 40 minutes to as long as 12 hours, depending on the train.
- At Surat Thani Station, take a bus to Phuket.
Is there a train from Phuket to Bangkok?
To travel from Phuket to Bangkok, you have to use a bus or a flight. There are no train connections available. The closest railway station with train connection to Bangkok is located in Surat Thani, about 200 kilometers away from Phuket Airport.
How long is the bus ride from Bangkok to Phuket?
The express bus from Bangkok to Phuket will take you to the destination in 13 hours 10 minutes, the ticket cost is a minimum of $19. The combined trip (train + bus) takes 16 hours, and the ticket including both forms of transport costs from $35.
Can you take a boat from Bangkok to Phuket?
Travel from Bangkok to Phuket by boats A ferry, a shuttle boat, a night boat or even a longtail boat, there are several choices. Bus + ferry or boat transfer formulas are also available
Why is Phuket so popular?
There are many destinations in Thailand, but Phuket remains one of the most popular. The gorgeous beaches with their breathtaking sunsets, the warm climate all year, the vibrant nightlife and the friendly people certainly make it desirable. Its history of welcoming foreign traders also plays a central role.
Is it cheaper to fly into Bangkok or Phuket?
Fly into Bangkok Bangkok’s international airport, Suvarnabhumi, is the cheapest airport in Thailand to fly into. On average, Hopper found it’s about $200 cheaper to fly into Bangkok than it is to fly into Phuket!
How many days is enough for Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you.
Is it better to go to Phuket or Bangkok?
Phuket or Bangkok, which is better? That depends on what you’re looking to get out of your vacation. Looking for white beaches and tropical paradise, Phuket is for you. But if your idea of a perfect holiday is visiting the big city, love to shop or want to find the best nightlife going, then Bangkok is for you.
What is the cheapest way to get from Bangkok to Phuket?
The cheapest way to travel from Bangkok to Phuket is by bus. The trip starts at Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal and takes a minimum of 13 hours. Depending on the carrier and travel class, it costs between 700 and 1.100 Thai Baht (around 20 to 36 USD).
Which is better Bali or Phuket?
Bali offers more hotel choices than Phuket does. If you’re a surfer, Bali is your choice for its collection of world-class breaks. On the other hand, Phuket’s beaches are more scenic and laidback, great for those preferring island beach escapades with a mix of water sports and just lazing on the sand.
Which is better Krabi or Phuket?
Which is better Phuket or Krabi? If you are looking for a well-developed place with all the facilities then Phuket is the place to be. On the other hand, if you want to enjoy the bucolic nature and laze around in the natural setting then Krabi is the best choice.
Which is better Phuket or Pattaya?
Phuket is an island with many resort areas, Pattaya is a city. Phuket is more expensive in almost every respect than Pattaya, but Phuket’s beaches are far superior, in fact the beaches in the centre of Pattaya are not suitable for swimming as the water is not clean.
How much money should I bring to Thailand?
Backpackers should budget 800–1,200 baht a day ($35–$50) to cover the costs of hostel rooms, street food meals, a couple of drinks and a spot of sightseeing. Holiday makers looking for a touch more luxury should budget 1,800–3,000 baht ($75–$125) a day to cover nice hotels, gourmet meals and cocktails.
Can you drive to Phuket from Bangkok?
Phuket is about 867km (539 miles) from Bangkok, with a travelling time of approximately 10 hours. There are many car rental companies in Bangkok, both international firms such as Avis and Budget, as well as local companies. Driving in Thailand is quite pleasant outside of town and cities.
How do you get to Phuket Island?
- FLIGHT. The Phuket International Airport is the second busiest airport of Thailand after the Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok.
- ROAD. Buses to other regions of Thailand including Bangkok, Krabi, Phang Na and Surat Thani operate at the BKS terminal located just off Thanon Phang Nga in Phuket Town.