- 1 How do you get to Koh Lanta?
- 2 Does Koh Lanta have an airport?
- 3 How many days do you need in Koh Lanta?
- 4 How far is Krabi airport to Koh Lanta?
- 5 Is Koh Lanta a party island?
- 6 Is Koh Lanta touristy?
- 7 How much is the ferry from Krabi to Koh Lanta?
- 8 Can I drive to Koh Lanta?
- 9 How much is ferry from Phuket to Koh Lanta?
- 10 What is Koh Lanta known for?
- 11 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 12 Did the tsunami hit Koh Lanta?
- 13 How long is the ferry from Koh Lanta to Krabi?
- 14 How long does it take from Koh Lanta to Ao Nang?
- 15 How do I get from Krabi Airport to Ao Nang?
How do you get to Koh Lanta?
How to get to Koh Lanta
- Ferry – Ferries run daily from Krabi pier to Koh Lanta during Lanta’s high season (around November to April).
- Minivan – Your alternative to taking the ferry is to take a minivan.
- Scooter/bike – By far the most convenient way to get around Koh Lanta is to rent a scooter/bike.
Does Koh Lanta have an airport?
Ko Lanta is located in Krabi province in the south of Thailand. There is no airport on the island itself – the nearest airport is Krabi Airport. There are connections from Phuket Airport and Trang Airport too, although the travel times will be considerably longer.
How many days do you need in Koh Lanta?
If you’re looking for peace, relaxation, and laid-back beach life, Koh Lanta is the right place for you too, and you can spend 10 or so days kicking back with a good book at the pool or one of the many beautiful beaches.
How far is Krabi airport to Koh Lanta?
How far is it from Krabi Airport (KBV) to Koh Lanta? The distance between Krabi Airport (KBV) and Koh Lanta is 50 km. How do I travel from Krabi Airport (KBV) to Koh Lanta without a car? The best way to get from Krabi Airport (KBV) to Koh Lanta without a car is to minivan which takes 2h 30m and costs ฿359.
Is Koh Lanta a party island?
Koh Lanta’s party atmosphere is more a mix of ages, with better music, and not quite as hectic as the notorious ‘party islands’. The best places to have a drink and a dance in Koh Lanta include the chill Tuesday beach party at Pangea Beach Bar, Freedom Bar, and the Day-Glo friendly half-moon parties at Mushroom Bar.
Is Koh Lanta touristy?
As Koh Lanta is still little touristy explored, it is easy to discover unknown places and deserted beaches. Travellers who enjoy seeing less known places, be in touch with local population, delicious food, fair prices and rustic atmosphere, Koh Lanta most definitely ought to be in your itinerary!
How much is the ferry from Krabi to Koh Lanta?
Ferry tickets from Krabi to Koh Lanta cost about $16-49/pp. The last option is to travel by private taxi or car from Krabi town to Koh Lanta. Travel time by taxi is about 2-3 hours and it costs about $60-130 (vehicle, minivan).
Can I drive to Koh Lanta?
Ko Lanta is accessible from the mainland by car or passenger ferry. The passenger ferry operates during November – April only and is the most popular option during this time. During the off season and after the last passenger ferry has left, the only way to get to the island is to drive.
How much is ferry from Phuket to Koh Lanta?
The quickest way to get from Phuket to Koh Lanta is to ferry which costs ฿950 – ฿1800 and takes 1h 30m.
What is Koh Lanta known for?
Ko Lanta (เกาะลันตา) is an island off the Andaman Coast of Southern Thailand. Like many other destinations in Krabi Province, it is known for its diving and long white beaches.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road.
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives.
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver.
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse.
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
Did the tsunami hit Koh Lanta?
The tsunami of 2004 hit Thailand very hard in certain areas and Koh Lanta was affected but not Nearly as devastating as other coastal regions. Koh Lanta was a very lucky Island, the shape of the island, the direction of the water and also the contour of the sea all helped it survive the brunt.
How long is the ferry from Koh Lanta to Krabi?
The Koh Lanta Krabi ferry route connects Thailand with Thailand. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Tigerline Ferry. The crossing operates up to 7 times each week with sailing durations from around 1 hour.
How long does it take from Koh Lanta to Ao Nang?
The trip from Ao Nang to Koh Lanta takes from 3 to 4 hours, as the trip includes both ferry and car to Koh Lanta.
How do I get from Krabi Airport to Ao Nang?
The quickest way to get from Krabi Airport (KBV) to Ao Nang is to taxi which costs ฿480 – ฿600 and takes 28 min. Is there a direct bus between Krabi Airport (KBV) and Ao Nang? Yes, there is a direct bus departing from Krabi Airport and arriving at Ao Nang. Services depart every four hours, and operate every day.