- 1 What should you not wear in Bangkok?
- 2 Is there a dress code in Bangkok?
- 3 Can you wear sandals in Thailand?
- 4 Are shoes cheaper in Thailand?
- 5 Can you wear red in Thailand?
- 6 What must buy in Thailand?
- 7 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 8 What can you not bring to Thailand?
- 9 Is chewing gum illegal in Thailand?
- 10 Can I stay in Thailand if I marry a Thai?
- 11 What dangerous animals are in Thailand?
- 12 Is Gold cheap in Bangkok?
- 13 What are the cheapest things to buy in Thailand?
- 14 Are clothes cheap in Thailand?
- 15 What should I buy in Bangkok?
What should you not wear in Bangkok?
Don’t wear revealing clothing For men, don’t wear sleeveless muscle shirts or singlets (especially ones that show your man nipples) or walk around with your shirts unbuttoned. Ladies, don’t wear tank tops and avoid spaghetti strap shirts completely unless you are wearing a cardigan or shawl draped over your shoulders.
Is there a dress code in Bangkok?
The basic rule is to cover your shoulders and knees (both sexes), and ideally you’d cover your ankles too. On the bottom, wear longer shorts, capris, pants/trousers or a knee-length-or-longer skirt. On top, choose any shirt that fully covers your shoulders. A T-shirt, blouse or polo is fine, while a tank top is not.
Can you wear sandals in Thailand?
What to Wear in Thailand: Flip flops, sandals, sneakers, literally any footwear is fine, as long as you wear footwear. Flip flops are the most common thing to wear and then flats and sneakers. Ladies, leave the heels at home.
Are shoes cheaper in Thailand?
If your feet are smaller (Thai size!) Otherwise, for smaller feet, it’s easy to find Western brand-name shoes but – as imports – they’re often more expensive than at home. As with clothes shopping, the shoe choice in Thailand is ‘by and large’ for Thai-sized people only.
Can you wear red in Thailand?
Of course, it is perfectly safe to wear a red shirt in Thailand! Unless that is you wear one and join a mass demonstration against the army’s orders Red is an auspicious color in Thailand cause of the Thai-Chinese, and Sunday is the ‘red day of the week’.
What must buy in Thailand?
37 Best Souvenirs and Gifts to Buy in Thailand
- Flower Soap. Thai soap coming in all shapes of flowers and interesting fruits is not only beautifully carved but also extremely fragrant.
- Wooden Carvings.
- Triangular Pillows.
- Paper Umbrellas.
- Thai Keychain & Magnets.
- Thai Silk.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road.
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives.
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver.
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse.
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
What can you not bring to Thailand?
Should it be necessary, Thailand has great hospitals of high international standards. This is not to say that prescribed medicine and perhaps a few emergency painkillers and stomach relief tablets should not be brought, but there is no need to bring all the medical cabinet. Sun lotion, shampoo, soap, shaving cream etc.
Is chewing gum illegal in Thailand?
3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement. I wouldn’t really class this one as silly – unusual, perhaps, but not an out-and-out silly one of the laws in Thailand. Plus, it’s one that’s definitely worth bearing in mind because there’s a pretty hefty fine if you get caught (nearly £400).
Can I stay in Thailand if I marry a Thai?
Things you need to know about the Thai marriage visa: The Thai marriage visa holder is entitled permission to stay for a full year in Thailand without the need to exit the country. The visa is renewable every year and the renewal process can be done inside Thailand (requirements for the visa renewal still apply).
What dangerous animals are in Thailand?
However, Thailand is renowned for its poisonous and dangerous snakes, which include the common cobra snake, monocled cobras, the king cobra, the chain viper, the banded krait, the green viper, the Malayan viper, the spitting cobras, and the venomous pit vipers – and these are just for snake starters.
Is Gold cheap in Bangkok?
Gold in Bangkok is cheaper than lot of Western and Asian countries. The quality of gold is better too. As majority of gold ornaments in Thailand are 96.5% pure.
What are the cheapest things to buy in Thailand?
What are the 10 cheapest things to buy in Bangkok, Thailand?
- Flowers – Thailand is known as the place to buy orchids.
- Tailor Made Clothes – Another cheap thing to buy in Bangkok is tailor made clothing.
Are clothes cheap in Thailand?
Thailand is known for its lush silks and elaborate textiles, but in Bangkok, cheap clothes abound. And while cheap once equated with not-very-fashionable, these days young Thai designers produce hip clothes that are absolutely worth seeking out.
What should I buy in Bangkok?
What to Buy in Bangkok – List of the Best Souvenirs
- Thai Silk.
- Spa and Aroma Products.
- Thai Antiques in Bangkok.
- Thai Food.
- Benjarong Porcelain Ware.
- NaRaYa Bags.
- Thai Coconut Oil Products.
- Medicines and Healers.