- 1 How much do you tip a tour guide per day?
- 2 Do you tip guides in Thailand?
- 3 How much do you tip in Bangkok?
- 4 How much should I tip my guide?
- 5 How much do you tip a tour guide at the Grand Canyon?
- 6 How much do you tip a zipline tour guide?
- 7 Is 1000 baht a good tip?
- 8 How much should I tip for a massage in Thailand?
- 9 How much should I pay for a massage in Thailand?
- 10 How much should I pay for a massage in Bangkok?
- 11 Where is it rude to tip?
- 12 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 13 How can I be a good tour guide?
- 14 How much should you tip a tour bus driver?
- 15 How much do you tip on a trail ride?
How much do you tip a tour guide per day?
Taking tours in the U.S. But expect to tip them something like $3-10 per day – their expertise is worth it! If you go for a bus tour, you can offer your guide a tip worth 10 to 20 percent the total cost of the tour. You can also offer the driver gratuity; a dollar or two is considered perfectly acceptable.
Do you tip guides in Thailand?
Tipping is NOT customary in Thailand, there is absolutely NO mandatory requirement to tip anyone, but small gratuities for great service are very much appreciated. Unlike some other parts of the world, you will never see a Thai service provider with his hand out waiting for a tip.
How much do you tip in Bangkok?
Tipping roughly 10% of the bill is a good tip, and rounding up or down just like you would do at home. If eating at a fancier restaurant and the bill is higher, you can ignore the 10% rule and give it based on how the experience was with a minimum of 100 baht tip.
How much should I tip my guide?
The average tip amount for an outdoor or backcountry guide is between 10% and 20% of the tour cost per person. For example, if the tour price was $1,000 per person, then the acceptable tip should be between $100 and $200 per person depending on the level of service provided by the guide.
How much do you tip a tour guide at the Grand Canyon?
Full day/half day tour: Tip your guide 10-20% based on the cost of the tour. Independent guides: If you’re hunting, fishing, or taking a guided tour of the Grand Canyon, 10-20% based on the cost of the tour.
How much do you tip a zipline tour guide?
The average tip per zip-liner is $20. If you have a family of four the average tip is about $50. This means each guide, if they earned it, will be $25 per guide for your family. If you feel that the guides deserve more then go for it!
Is 1000 baht a good tip?
The amount you tip should vary with the service and length of time the tour guide is with you. For great guides who have been with a group the whole day, it’s not unusual for them to be given upwards of 1,000 baht – a large amount for someone who will only earn around 15,000 per month.
How much should I tip for a massage in Thailand?
If your Spa treatment in Thailand is at a high-end hotel then you should tip good service at-least 10%. If your visit an independent Spa then you should consider the tip to your therapist a little more carefully: For a short massage less than one hour long you should tip 50% or a minimum of 50 baht.
How much should I pay for a massage in Thailand?
A typical massage session lasts about 2 hours and costs 300-500 baht. A foot massage session is about 40-50 minutes and costs 300-400 baht. A massage at a 5-star hotel is naturally more expensive – the price can be triple, or more. On the beach, the fee for a massage and foot massage is around 300 baht an hour.
How much should I pay for a massage in Bangkok?
First you have to pay 100 baht to enter the temple site while entrance is free for Thais. One hour of Thai massage costs 420 baht for foreigners. For Thais the price is only 260 baht.
Where is it rude to tip?
China and Hong Kong Tipping has long been considered a rude practice in China, although that mindset is slowly changing. Generally tips aren’t expected at local spots, but service charges have become more common in tourist areas. Hong Kong is the exception, where tipping is a more common practice.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
How can I be a good tour guide?
10 Tips for Being a Good Tour Guide
- Face the crowd, not what you’re talking about.
- Be personal.
- Tell a story (historical or contemporary).
- Get moving right away.
- Don’t worry about being perfect.
- Get help to get organized.
How much should you tip a tour bus driver?
How much should I tip my charter bus driver? Most bus companies suggest tipping your driver between 10% and 20% of your bus rental’s total cost.
How much do you tip on a trail ride?
If you had a great time on your ride, show your appreciation by tipping your wrangler. The standard is 15-20% – similar to what you would tip a waiter or waitress.