- 1 What do you wear to a temple in Thailand?
- 2 What do you wear to a temple?
- 3 Can you wear sandals in Bangkok temples?
- 4 What should you not wear to a temple?
- 5 Can I wear shorts to a Thai temple?
- 6 Can you wear sandals to temples in Thailand?
- 7 Does Temple have a dress code?
- 8 Can you wear jeans to Temple?
- 9 Can we wear black dress to Temple?
- 10 What should you not wear in Bangkok?
- 11 Is Gold cheap in Bangkok?
- 12 Is there a dress code for Grand Palace Bangkok?
- 13 Can you wear sleeveless to Temple?
- 14 Is it necessary to take bath before Temple?
- 15 How do you get into the temple?
What do you wear to a temple in Thailand?
What’s appropriate clothing for Thai temples? The basic rule is to cover your shoulders and knees (both sexes), and ideally you’d cover your ankles too. On the bottom, wear longer shorts, capris, pants/trousers or a knee-length-or-longer skirt. On top, choose any shirt that fully covers your shoulders.
What do you wear to a temple?
Dress appropriately for the temple.
- Women should wear a long skirt or dress. It’s also appropriate for women to wear long pants.
- Men should wear business-casual clothing, such as slacks and a button-down shirt.
- Avoid wearing animal skin of any kind; this could be offensive to practicing Hindus.
Can you wear sandals in Bangkok temples?
Also, sandals are acceptable, but must have a strap around the back (again, no flip flops or backless sandals allowed). If you arrive at Wat Phra Kaew wearing unsuitable clothes, you will be able to borrow something suitable, but if you have incorrect shoes you will not be allowed to enter the temple.
What should you not wear to a temple?
First, do not wear sleeveless tops, spaghetti straps, or tank tops. Even if the weather is hot, temples do not allow visitors who wear these clothes. If it is sunny during your visit, you might want to wear a light shirt or blouse but not see-through. Avoid sweaters with holes too.
Can I wear shorts to a Thai temple?
Can you Wear Shorts in Thailand temples? Yes you definitely can, but they must reach to at least below the knee. No short shorts (‘Daisy Dukes’), tight-fitting leggings or yoga pants. Thighs should always be covered – remember, it’s all about modesty.
Can you wear sandals to temples in Thailand?
Dress Appropriately When you visit Thai temples, you are expected to dress appropriately. Sandals are acceptable in some temples. Clothing shouldn’t be too loose or too tight for it to be convenient for worshiping and meditation. If the temple you are visiting is Wat Phra Kaew, there is a strict dress code.
Does Temple have a dress code?
What is Temple’s dress code? Dress Code is upscale fashionable attire. We do not permit: shorts, hats, sandals, sneakers, ripped or baggy clothing and athletic wear.
Can you wear jeans to Temple?
Shorts, T-shirts, tight pants/leggings, bare shoulders, and any overly casual clothing should be completely avoided. Loose fitting jeans are OK if you have a nice top/shirt, but not ideal. Inappropriate clothing is a sign of disrespect.
Can we wear black dress to Temple?
There is no rule that prevents you from wearing black colour or any coloured clothes while visiting temples. Black is considered as a colour of failure, sorrow and negative things, so some people avoid it for most occasions and while visiting temples.
What should you not wear in Bangkok?
Don’t wear revealing clothing For men, don’t wear sleeveless muscle shirts or singlets (especially ones that show your man nipples) or walk around with your shirts unbuttoned. Ladies, don’t wear tank tops and avoid spaghetti strap shirts completely unless you are wearing a cardigan or shawl draped over your shoulders.
Is Gold cheap in Bangkok?
Gold in Bangkok is cheaper than lot of Western and Asian countries. The quality of gold is better too. As majority of gold ornaments in Thailand are 96.5% pure.
Is there a dress code for Grand Palace Bangkok?
But unlike many of the other temples, a dress code is strictly enforced at the Grand Palace. Men must wear long pants; women must cover legs to just above the knee. Avoid wearing tight-fitting stretch pants or “revealing” clothing. Don’t wear sleeveless shirts or show shoulders.
Can you wear sleeveless to Temple?
Sleeveless tops, leggings and three- fourths will not be allowed. The temple’s dress code for women allowed them to be clad in saris, dhoties or skirts according to their age. But women devotees wearing pants and churidar cover it with a dhoti to enter the temple.
Is it necessary to take bath before Temple?
* According to Hindu belief, it is necessary to be retired from bath and regular work before going to the temple. In many temples of south India, there are ponds for bathing where devotees are required to take bath before bathing.
How do you get into the temple?
Bend down to touch the bottom of the temple entrance with your right hand. Take that same hand and touch your heart, and then motion over your face, and then head, like you are pushing your hair back in the air. This signifies that your prayer comes from your heart and all of your body. Enter temple.