- 1 How do you get to Koh Phangan Thailand?
- 2 How do I get from Bangkok to Koh Phangan by train?
- 3 Is Koh Phangan expensive?
- 4 How do you get around Koh Phangan?
- 5 How do I get from Phuket to Koh Phangan?
- 6 How do you fly from Bangkok to Koh Phangan?
- 7 How do you get from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan?
- 8 Does Koh Phangan have an airport?
- 9 Is Thailand a state?
- 10 How do I get from Bangkok to Koh Tao?
- 11 How do I get from Koh Phangan to Koh Samui Airport?
- 12 Is Koh Phangan safe?
- 13 Is Full Moon Party Dangerous?
- 14 Can I visit Koh Phangan?
How do you get to Koh Phangan Thailand?
Surat Thani airport is the closest airport to the Phangan island on the mainland of Thailand. To get to the island you have to take a bus to Donsac pier and then a ferry to Koh Phangan. The whole trip will take around 4.5 hours and 15 dollars. The easiest way would be to book a 500 bats transfer Bus+ferry.
How do I get from Bangkok to Koh Phangan by train?
The journey by train from Bangkok to Koh Phangan, location of the Full Moon Party, has two stages. The first stage of the journey is by train from Bangkok to Surat Thani. The second stage of the journey is a joint bus and ferry transfer direct from outside Surat Thani Railway Station to the island of Koh Phangan.
Is Koh Phangan expensive?
Although Koh Phangan is a little more expensive than mainland Thailand you can still find many good 50 Baht Thai restaurants and we have the wonderful Thong Sala Pantip food market too! If you want to go even cheaper then make your own food! Taking us up to 10,500 Baht so far.
How do you get around Koh Phangan?
A QUICK GUIDE TO LOCAL TRANSPORT IN KOH PHANGAN
- MINI BUSES: THE BEST OPTION FOR FIRST TIMERS.
- SONGTHAEWS: THE BUDGET OPTION.
- RENT A MOTORBIKE: FOR THE BRAVE.
- RENT A CAR: FOR THE HIGH-END TRAVELER.
- CATCH A BOAT: FOR THE BEACH EXPLORERS.
- MOTORCYCLE TAXIS: FOR THE PATIENT BARGAINER.
- BICYCLES: FOR THE FIT.
How do I get from Phuket to Koh Phangan?
From Phuket to Koh Phangan you can travel by bus+ferry or plane+ferry. Travel by tourist bus and ferry/boat takes about 8-10 hours via Surat Thani and tickets cost about $18-40/pp. Ferries and boats arrive to Thong Sala Koh Phangan pier.
How do you fly from Bangkok to Koh Phangan?
The most fastest and comfortable way how to get from Bangkok to Koh Phangan is to use a direct flight to Koh Samui (15 km from Koh Phangan ) and then take a boat/ferry to Koh Phangan. Travel to Koh Phangan from Bangkok via Koh Samui takes about 3-5 hours.
How do you get from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan?
There is currently just the 1 ferry route running between Koh Samui and Koh Phangan Island operated by 3 ferry companies – Lomprayah High Speed Ferries, Lomprayah High Speed Ferries & Songserm.
Does Koh Phangan have an airport?
Koh Phangan Airport is a new airport currently under construction on Thailand’s Koh Phangan Island. The development is managed by Kan Air. Construction has been suspended, amid reports the development infringed on 32,000sqm of Than Sadet-Koh Phangan National Park land.
Is Thailand a state?
Thailand (Thai: ประเทศไทย), known formerly as Siam and officially as the Kingdom of Thailand, is a country in Southeast Asia.
How do I get from Bangkok to Koh Tao?
How to Get from Bangkok to Koh Tao?
- Fly from Bangkok to Samui, then catch ferry to Koh Tao. Fastest most direct route.
- Fly from Bangkok to Suratthani or Chumphon, then catch ferry to Koh Tao.
- Joint Bus (Coach) + Ferry from Bangkok to Koh Tao.
- Overnight Sleeper Train + Ferry from Bangkok to Koh Tao.
How do I get from Koh Phangan to Koh Samui Airport?
There are two ways to travel from Samui Airport to Koh Phangan:
- Take a taxi or minivan from Samui Airport to one of the ferry piers and then take a ferry to Koh Phangan.
- Book a joint minivan and ferry service that takes you direct from Samui Airport to the main town in Koh Phangan.
Is Koh Phangan safe?
Koh Phangan is pretty damn safe. Granted, road safety is questionable (especially around the time of the full-moon party). The island is responsible for a large number of motorbike accidents every day. There’s a small amount of petty theft which occurs, too.
Is Full Moon Party Dangerous?
While full moon parties may be a backpacker staple on the islands of Thailand, they are not a particularly ecologically, or ethically conscious choice. In addition to that, they are more dangerous than they look, for those who attend, and for the communities left in their wakes.
Can I visit Koh Phangan?
Koh Phangan Full Moon Party in Thailand You can’t visit Koh Phangan without attending one of their world-famous Full Moon parties! Roughly once a month, Haad Rin beach turns into one of the most lively and boisterous parties in all of Thailand.