- 1 How do you get to Luang Prabang?
- 2 Is Luang Prabang worth visiting?
- 3 What is the best time to visit Luang Prabang?
- 4 Is Luang Prabang expensive?
- 5 How many days do you need in Luang Prabang?
- 6 How much is the slow boat to Luang Prabang?
- 7 What can you do in Laos in 3 days?
- 8 Is Laos cheaper than Thailand?
- 9 What is the best time of year to visit Laos?
- 10 When should I go to Myanmar?
- 11 What time of year is best to go to Thailand?
- 12 What is the best time to go to Thailand?
- 13 Why is Laos so dangerous?
- 14 Is Laos cheaper than Cambodia?
- 15 Is Luang Prabang safe?
How do you get to Luang Prabang?
Getting There in Luang Prabang
- By Plane.
- Lao Airlines (tel. 021/212-057 or 214-427 for reservations; www.laoairlines.com) has daily flights from Vientiane to Luang Prabang for $76 one-way.
- Bangkok Airways (57/6 Sisavangvong Rd.; tel.
- By Bus.
- By Boat.
- Lao Speedboat Risks — Alternatively you can take a Lao speedboat.
Is Luang Prabang worth visiting?
Yes, Luang Prabang is Still Worth a Visit Luang Prabang is definitely still worth a visit. In fact, for us, it was one of our highlights of Laos. Even though it’s touristy, it never felt too busy. The old town was a perfect place to walk around, relax and enjoy the stunning river views.
What is the best time to visit Luang Prabang?
The best time to visit Luang Prabang is from November to March when the weather is comfortably dry with pleasant average temperatures. It can also get somewhat crowded, especially in January and during festivals, so be sure to book ahead if you’re traveling during this time of the year.
Is Luang Prabang expensive?
By Southeast Asia standards some aspects of Luang Prabang are quite expensive, but by any other standards it’s still cheap and a great bargain. There are even a handful of very cheap hotels suited for a backpacker budget, but don’t expect much quality at the bottom end.
How many days do you need in Luang Prabang?
To make the most of this beautiful city, you should try to dedicate 4 days / 3 nights for it – which is what we initially planned! Even if you’re pressed for time we think this is a very reasonable estimate to get the most out of your trip to Luang Prabang.
How much is the slow boat to Luang Prabang?
You can buy a ticket for the slow boat at the pier departure point. For the whole journey to Luang Prabang you can get a ticket for 210,000 Lao kip.
What can you do in Laos in 3 days?
8 things you must do on a 3 day visit to Luang Prabang
- Walk through the old town of Luang Prabang.
- Take sunset cruise in the Mekong.
- Explore Luang Prabang night market.
- Alms-giving ceremony.
- Walk up Mount Phousi.
- Visit Kuang Si Waterfall.
- Go to Laos’ only Buffalo farm.
- Take a boat trip to Pha Tad Ke Botanical garden.
Is Laos cheaper than Thailand?
By figuring out which country is more expensive, you’ll understand where you’ll get more bang for your buck. A week in Laos can cost you about $187 (per person), while a week in Thailand may cost you around $721. These differences become even more noticable if you plan to spend a longer time in the country.
What is the best time of year to visit Laos?
When is the best time to visit Laos? The small, landlocked country of Laos is best visited between October and April, when the weather’s warm and dry throughout. River travel is best between November and January, when high water levels make passage easy along Laos’ main waterway, the Mekong River.
When should I go to Myanmar?
The best time to visit Myanmar is during the dry season, between October and May. The whole country is accessible, the temples shimmer, and the beaches are open, making travel varied and rewarding.
What time of year is best to go to Thailand?
When’s the best time to visit Thailand? The best time to visit Thailand is between November and early April. Not only is it the driest part of the year in the Land of Smiles, but it’s also the warmest – temperatures hover between 32 and 36 degrees, with up to nine hours of sunshine a day.
What is the best time to go to Thailand?
The best to visit Thailand is during the cool and dry season between November and early April, when temperatures range from 84°F to 97°F. However, the climate varies throughout the country, so you can visit all year round.
Why is Laos so dangerous?
There is no trauma center in the country and should you get into an accident, you’ll have to get across the border to Thailand for treatment. There is rampant drinking and driving in Laos, which makes the roads more dangerous at night. Many people, including children, drive without a license.
Is Laos cheaper than Cambodia?
Laos and Cambodia are similar in price. Both nations, being two of the poorest countries in the world, have lower prices due to overall poor economies, low wages, and low costs of living. They are cheaper in price for generally everything in the tourism industry compared to their Southeast Asian neighbors.
Is Luang Prabang safe?
Luang Prabang is a very safe place to backpack and travel. Pickpocketing will be your biggest concern, especially in the night market. Keep your wallet/purse close, and leave your valuables in a safety deposit box.