- 1 What is Bangkok best known for?
- 2 What should I avoid in Bangkok?
- 3 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 4 What can you do in Bangkok in 3 days?
- 5 What items are cheap in Bangkok?
- 6 What things are cheap in Bangkok?
- 7 Is Bangkok dangerous at night?
- 8 Is Bangkok Dangerous?
- 9 Is Bangkok safe for female tourists?
- 10 What is considered rude in Thailand?
- 11 Is street food in Thailand safe?
- 12 Is Thailand dangerous for tourists 2020?
- 13 How much money do I need for 3 days in Bangkok?
- 14 Which month is best to visit Bangkok?
- 15 Which is the best location to stay in Bangkok?
What is Bangkok best known for?
Here are 10 reasons why Bangkok is one of the most visited cities in the world today.
- Wat Arun – The Temple of Dawn. Photo credit: @fischerfotos via Flickr.
- Floating markets. Photo credit: @archer10 via Flickr.
- Khao San Road.
- The Grand Palace.
- Soi Cowboy.
- The Thai massage.
- Tailored suits.
- Chatuchak Weekend Market.
What should I avoid in Bangkok?
10 Things NOT to Do in Bangkok
- Don’t… get a taxi that’s already parked.
- Don’t… forget to stand up during the King’s Anthem.
- Don’t… sit next to a monk (if you’re female)
- Don’t… buy rounds in a nightclub, buy a bottle!
- Don’t… carry your passport around.
- Don’t… wear shorts or a skirt to the temple.
- Don’t …
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road.
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives.
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver.
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse.
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
What can you do in Bangkok in 3 days?
1. Chao Phraya River
- Ferry piers along Chao Phraya river.
- Stunning sunset over Chao Phraya River in Bangkok.
- The beautiful Grand Palace, Bangkok´s biggest attraction.
- The Emerald Buddha.
- Wat Pho, the golden reclining Buddha.
- Lots of delicious street food in Chinatown.
- The famous Kao San Road.
What items are cheap in Bangkok?
What are the 10 cheapest things to buy in Bangkok, Thailand?
- Flowers – Thailand is known as the place to buy orchids.
- Tailor Made Clothes – Another cheap thing to buy in Bangkok is tailor made clothing.
What things are cheap in Bangkok?
Top 11 Cheap Things to Shop in Bangkok
- Flowers. Thailand is the land of orchids.
- Inexpensive Clothes. There is nothing better than wearing a branded suite that is beautifully stitched, and well-fitted to your body.
- China Town.
- Household Accessories.
- Shoes and Bags.
- The Silk.
- Coffee Based Drinks.
- Fresh Fruits.
Is Bangkok dangerous at night?
Bus travel in Thailand tends to be unsafe, especially at night; Thailand has one of the world’s highest road fatality rates, according to World Nomads. And though there have been some safety improvements on trains in Thailand, derailment is not uncommon.
Is Bangkok Dangerous?
Bangkok is generally safe for travelers and backpackers, but it’s also incredibly hectic. Petty theft (including bag snatching) is the most common type of crime you’ll face. Also, some people will try to rip you off, including taxi drivers who refuse to turn on their meters.
Is Bangkok safe for female tourists?
Bangkok is generally safe for travelers of all genders and races, even compared to other megacities across the world. As a solo female traveler, you can wear almost anything you want, roam the city on a whim and even go clubbing on your own (though you should do all of these with caution—see our safety tips below).
What is considered rude in Thailand?
Don’t point your feet: Pointing your feet at someone, raising your feet higher than someone’s head, or simply putting your feet on a desk or chair are considered extremely rude in Thailand. The bottoms of the feet are dirty: don’t show them to people! Avoid pointing feet at Buddhas in and outside of temples.
Is street food in Thailand safe?
Some travellers wonder whether they should eat street food at all, or if it’s a guaranteed way to get sick. Contrary to popular belief, though, street food in Thailand (and many other countries) is no riskier than restaurants.
Is Thailand dangerous for tourists 2020?
Yes! In fact, Thailand is rated as the least dangerous country in Southeast Asia for travelers. There is a history of social unrest and violent conflicts in parts of the country, but crimes in tourist areas are rare.
How much money do I need for 3 days in Bangkok?
A budget of 2,500 to 5,000 baht per day is enough to stay in a three or four star hotel, eat at most of Bangkok’s mid range and high-end restaurants and easily get around the city by taxi instead of depending on the BTS, khlong boats and bus system.
Which month is best to visit Bangkok?
The best time to visit Bangkok is from November to March when the heat and humidity are at their lowest. Still, Thailand’s tropical climate could easily bring temperatures up to 90 degrees on any given day, regardless of the time of year.
Which is the best location to stay in Bangkok?
The 8 Best Areas To Stay in Bangkok
- Siam Square. Siam Square is a shopping mecca, full of luxury shopping centers and bargain department stores, designer labels, and trendy fashion boutiques.
- Khao San.
- Bangkok Old Town.