- 1 Which part of Bangkok is best to stay?
- 2 Is Bangkok suitable for families?
- 3 Where do families live in Bangkok?
- 4 What is the main area of Bangkok?
- 5 Where is Bangkok red light district?
- 6 Where can I take my kids in Bangkok?
- 7 What items are cheap in Bangkok?
- 8 What can families do at night in Bangkok?
- 9 How is expat life in Bangkok?
- 10 What is a good salary in Bangkok?
- 11 Where do expats hang out in Bangkok?
- 12 Is Sukhumvit a good area to stay in Bangkok?
- 13 What is the party street in Bangkok?
- 14 What is the city Centre of Bangkok called?
Which part of Bangkok is best to stay?
The 8 Best Areas To Stay in Bangkok
- Siam Square. Siam Square is a shopping mecca, full of luxury shopping centers and bargain department stores, designer labels, and trendy fashion boutiques.
- Khao San.
- Bangkok Old Town.
Is Bangkok suitable for families?
While most Bangkok neighborhoods are well connected by public transport and have a range of places to eat, have fun, and sleep, some parts of the city are more family friendly than others. Here are the best Bangkok areas for families.
Where do families live in Bangkok?
Phrom Phong, Thonglor and Ekamai are neighbourhoods that provide an ideal living environment for expatriate families. Their ease of access, the many international schools and activities for children, green spaces and modern infrastructure, meet the needs and expectations of families in every respect.
What is the main area of Bangkok?
Main area= Rattanakosin Island. The city has two ‘centres’ – Sukhumvit/Ploenchit/Siam/Sathorn/Silom and Rattanakosin island. The first being the ‘modern’ city full of embassies, condos, hotels, offices, malls, etc.
Where is Bangkok red light district?
While Patpong is internationally known as a red light district at the heart of Bangkok’s sex industry, it is in fact only one of several red-light districts with some catering primarily to Thai men while others, like Patpong, cater primarily to foreigners.
Where can I take my kids in Bangkok?
The 19 Best Things To Do With Kids in Bangkok
- Thai Cooking Class in Bangkok.
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World.
- Museum of Siam.
- Pantip Plaza for Electronics.
- The Best Mall for Kids: MBK.
- Siam Niramit.
- Best Market for Kids: Chatuchak Weekend Market.
- Safari World (Animals & Aquarium)
What items are cheap in Bangkok?
What are the 10 cheapest things to buy in Bangkok, Thailand?
- Flowers – Thailand is known as the place to buy orchids.
- Tailor Made Clothes – Another cheap thing to buy in Bangkok is tailor made clothing.
What can families do at night in Bangkok?
10 Top Things to Do for the Best of Bangkok at Night
- Na-Oh Bangkok @ Chang Chui Plane Night Market.
- Grand Swiss Hotel 180° Sky Lounge.
- Asiatique The Riverfront.
- Princess Cruise.
- Midnight Supper Tuk-Tuk Food Tour.
- Siam Niramit.
- Bangkok Sunset Bike Ride.
- Amphawa Floating Market.
How is expat life in Bangkok?
Bangkok is a very safe city to live in as a foreigner and incredibly affordable. Most foreigners come to Thailand to work as teachers because, to stay long-term, you either need to have a work permit or be married to a local to have a marriage visa.
What is a good salary in Bangkok?
Average Salary in Bangkok, Thailand Average wages in Bangkok is pretty high compared to other areas of Thailand. Currently, the average wage in Bangkok is of 25,500 Thai Baht per month, or approximately 800 USD. Bangkok has some of the highest average salaries among ASEAN members capitals.
Where do expats hang out in Bangkok?
These are some of the better known expat bars in Bangkok:
- Cheap Charlies. Located at one of the most popular streets of Bangkok, cheap charlies attracts all kind of expats to Sukhumvit Soi 11.
- Saxophone Pub.
- Q Bar.
- Wine Connection.
- Zaks Wine Pub.
- Bed Superclub.
- The Australian.
Is Sukhumvit a good area to stay in Bangkok?
Sukhumvit is arguably the best area to stay in Bangkok for nightlife and has it all when it comes to dining and clubbing! Much of the action centers around the street Soi 11, Bangkok’s famous party street, a favorite with both ex-pats and visitors with its extensive selections of restaurants, clubs, and bars.
What is the party street in Bangkok?
Khao San Road is the first thing most young travelers think about when they hear Bangkok. This party street is often considered the main hub for backpackers traveling around South East Asia. Due to the high number of backpackers, there is also an equally high number of bars and nightclubs around Khao San Road.
What is the city Centre of Bangkok called?
The area around Siam Square, including Ratchaprasong and Phloen Chit Road, is Bangkok’s modern commercial core, full of glitzy malls and hotels. The long Sukhumvit Road is an exclusive district popular among expatriates and upper class locals. It is filled with quality hotels, restaurants and nightclubs.